Friday 18 January 2013

Inpitch - Disillusion - 67%

Inpitch is a one man depressive black metal band. The man behind this band sent me "Disillusion" to review and that's exactly what I am going to do!

Track 1 - Viewing Life in Grayscale
I will be honest at first I was put off from the first few seconds... not because of the music but because the mixing is not really done that well. Guitars were wayyyy to high and drums were too low in the mix.
The riffs are actually quite nice. They provide a good atmosphere but sadly its the mixing that pushes me away slightly.

Track 2 - Sorrow...
This track was alot better in the mix. The guitars were played nicely with some nice riffs and the vocals came in at just the right time, but once again the drums were so low in the mix that this time they were barely there.

Track 3 - Disillusion
The most professionally done track up to now (I hear each song like 3 or 4 times before writing about it). Its a dark depressing song which later his your usual black metal traits around near mid to end of the song.

Track 4 - Suicide Makes Family And Friends Feels Like Their Murderes Private
Ok this track I was not expecting. A viciously angry song that was no holds bared! This is where the demo got really fucking interesting! It was like a mixture of sadness and rage in an epic scale!

Track 5 - Echo of Forthcoming Pain (Bonus Track)
A instrumental to finish things off as a bonus. Not bad honestly I swear I've heard this before in the darkest pits of youtube. All in all is made a nice closer to this demo.

Side point:
Really all that needs work is actually the mixing other than that I have no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment